Search

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Varnished and finished!


Yay for me! Finally the jacks are done and I'm ready to start something else. Next time I won't be doing 4 jacks at the same time. It sure is a lot of work for someone who can only put so many hours into the hobby anyway.

On that note: Big thank you to my dear wife, who is not a wargamer nor into the hobby but still copes with me and my little toy soldiers. Love you.

The final work included painting the front arc. I masked the rest of the base rim and airbrushed the green (can't remember which green it was) color on the front side. I also airbrushed them with matt varnish. Ready for gaming!

Here are the pics. Over and out.
Sideways.

Back arc showing.

Smile!

Teeth up!





9 comments:

  1. Love your jack! what kind of varnish do you use? I´m struggle to find a varnish that´s practicly invisible and your looks fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I'm too fairly happy with them, although I lost a bit of interest towards the end.

    I use Vallejo's Matt Varnish diluted with distilled water to about 1:1 ratio. Has worked wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And appy it with a brush? I have always used sprayvarnish, maybe that´s very my problem is...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope, not with a brush. I apply it with an airbrush which provides the smooth finish (if used correctly).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice weathering on the 'jacks. I also use vajello varnish watered down with an airbrush. It works perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Now I know what´s on top of my wishlist, an air brush!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the club :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look great!

    Love you too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww... /me blushes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...