Search

Saturday, March 19, 2011

5 Space Wolves done

I finally managed to finish off these five models that have been sitting on my desk for ages. I started these on November last year... phew. Ok, I still have to put on some varnish but paint job is finished.

I think I just wasn't happy with them and went back and redid a lot of details. After looking at the minis for couple of months on the desk, I just grabbed myself from the neck and just put it all together in one evening.
Like the quote on the blog header... I didn't really have a plan with these but somehow ended up where I needed to be. 

The individual mini pics are taken before painting the base rim. Click pictures to enlarge. 
From left to right: grey hunter w/ ccw & meltagun, long fang with multimelta,
wolf guard / gh with bolter & power fist,gh with bolter,
wg (battle leader) with wolf claw & storm shield.
Top part of the model is a space marine biker captain. Legs are from 
the space wolves a battle force box. 
Those melta guns are hard to find :)

WG battle leader for a campaign army.
Long fang with multi melta. Almost missed that
wolf pelt under the weapon.

WG with power fist. The gold turned out quite nice. 3:1 mix of VGC 
Beasty Brown and VGC Glorious Gold base color followed by the same
gold on the raised surfaces. Final highlights are done with VMA Gold.

























3 comments:

  1. Very nice mate. I am more of a fan of the blue/grey Wolves but these all look excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I used to paint them in the blue grey scheme but I think it was so 90's so I switched to the grey one instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beauties... care to go into describing the painting process a bit more? I love this grey scheme, but what paints were used and in what order? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...